Friday, February 18, 2011

Hearts

During all our snowstorms I had a few days off and couldn't get out so I had arts and crafts time while I drank hot cocoa and watched some tv. Oh the fun some melted crayons and wax paper can bring. The finished product:
I've decided to make a fun recipe every Saturday. Last Saturday's recipe was cake drops. I saw them on a blog and they looked so delicious! I had no idea that red velvet cake would be so red! Justin thought it made perfect fake blood. Thanks...that makes this sound so delicious.

We had bought Fox Face a new little bed and while we were cooking and putting groceries away we turned around to this sight. Just make yourself right at home.

We baked the cake, crumbled it, and mixed in cream cheese frosting! Yum! Then I made them into little balls and dipped them in white chocolate. The finished product turned out quite nice. However, I thought the white chocolate was gross so I sent them all to school with Justin to share. 

Other heart themed meals included a bananapepperoni pizza. (Not a pizza with bananas and pepperoni)
And brownie fruit kabobs.

2 comments:

  1. very creative of you! i like the heart shaped pepperonis! next time you can make the pizza crust into the shape of a heart too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered your blog from a link from Charlotte's blog. You are so creative Laura! It must run in the family. :)
    Hugs to you, Aunt Lori in Georgia

    ReplyDelete