Saturday, September 22, 2012

1 Month!

Baby Bear turned 1 Month last week! I can't believe how fast that happened! Here she is celebrating her bearthday (can you tell how much bigger she got?).


Some things that Baby Bear does now that she's older:

  • Smile a lot - She's a happy little girl most of the time and if you try really hard you can usually make her smile.
  • Roll over accidentally - She's pretty good at using her giant little head to throw her off balance while she's laying on her tummy which then rolls her to her side and then to her back. It's really funny. 
  • Is okay with not being held 24 hours a day - she used to cry every time I put her down day and night, but now she is sometimes content to sit in her chair for 10 minutes before she cries.
I guess that's pretty much all that she does that she didn't do when she was a wee lass. 

Some things that I get to do now:
  • Get 3 hours of sleep in a row at night - this is still a rare occurrence, but I'm hopeful that any day she will decide to sleep longer and not wake her bitty self up with her baby gas.
  • Brush my hair daily - Not so long ago it was a lucky day if I had time to brush my hair
  • Make meals in the crockpot - Finding time and energy to cook has been the second hardest adjustment after lack of sleep. But I've found that as long as all the ingredients can be poured into the crockpot from cans and require no prep work whatsoever - it is totally doable. Other favorite meals include take-out, and frozen chicken patties, and frozen pizza. I really miss real food.
  • Drink coffee - I've never liked coffee but I like it now! 
This is Justin after a night of Baby Bear duty. He assured me that he was not sleeping and was actually "working", just with his eyes closed. mhmmm.

2 comments:

  1. put the bear in the moby wrap, then you can do anything you want with your hands free! well, except you probably shouldn't shower with her in the moby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin is definitely working... if you look close, you can see him picking the flees off the mutt. With his eyes CLOSED!!! That's work, not to mention talent!

    ReplyDelete