Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Big Step

We made our first big baby purchase for when we do foster care. The sears by us was having a close-out sale and we found a great price on a 3-in-one crib.
I've gone a little baby-crazy since then buying clearance baby and kids clothes.  I think I will have serious baby fever when we move and I can actually start setting up a bedroom and a playroom. And I was so pleasantly surprised to find such a cute wooden cookie set on sale at the craft store for a dollar. I really want a wood kitchen play set. I'll have to get creative and see what I can come up with. I've also been stalking craigslist and store ads for sewing machines so I can whip up an abundance of felt play food.

We'll also be starting the foster care paperwork, classes, and home-study process once we find a home! We've looked at a few, but haven't found the right one yet. We I have a huge list of wants/needs for our next place and hate to settle for anything less. It's probably a little ridiculous to have such high expectations for our price-range, but I think God will either find us the perfect house or change our idea of what the perfect house is.  Tomorrow we'll be looking at a one level 2 bedroom with a great location relative to shopping and  a big yard, and a 3 story 4 bedroom with a great location in relation to school and parks. I'm really hoping that we love one of these houses so we can get started with everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment