Saturday, June 11, 2011

mMMm, Stir Fry Sauce

You can't tell from the picture, but inside that jar is a very delicious stir fry sauce! I would definitely recommend giving it a go sometime! I found the recipe on allrecipes.com but modified it based on others suggestions

Mix together in a saucepan:
1TB corn starch
3TB brown sugar
pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to taste (yum, the more the better!) (the recipe calls for 1/8 tsp)

Then stir in:
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 TB dry sherry
1 TB sesame oil (I didn't use nearly this much)
1 TB rice vinegar
1 TB minced ginger root (I used about 1tsp powdered instead)
1 TB minced garlic

Then cook over medium heat (it should boil) until thickened.

I sauteed some tofu in this sauce and it was so tasty. So tasty I'm going to go reheat some leftovers right now.

He cried all night for some rice :(

No comments:

Post a Comment