Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kimchi

I'm a food marketers best friend. If I see people eating something tasty on TV it makes me want to eat it too. My new favorite TV shows to watch are Korean dramas. Sooo good. They are so much more family friendly than american dramas, and something about Korean culture just fosters a warmth in me. Every show I have watched has followed the same plot: Handsome, talented, rich boy meets poor, untalented but spirited girl. First they clash, but then they fall in love and live happily ever after after getting through some major struggle together. If you want to check one out I would highly recommend City Hunter (it might even be on netflix). 
But back to the food. I've been wanting to try kimchi for over a year, and now I've finally made some. Kimchi is traditionaly spiced fermented vegetables eaten with every meal. The recipe I used is ready in a day so no fermenting for months for me!
Cabbage and Kimchi paste. Just mix together!

Ta-da
It was very flavorful and delicious. I plan to make some kimchi cucumbers this week now that I have a humongo bag of korean pepper flakes. Another thing I made after watching Korean drama is rice porridge. So delicious and warm and comforting! Rice is my all time favorite food. If you are adopting a 5 year old from China you might want to learn to make some delicious rice porridge (congee in Chinese).

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that was subtle about adopting the 5 year old from China. Wonder who that could be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'll get on that...

    FYI- We spent $40 at the Asian food store the other day.

    ReplyDelete